Psychiatry refers to specialist mental health treatment services that can tackle a wide range of mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, OCD, and bipolar disorder. A qualified psychiatrist can prescribe suitable medication for the treatment of the mental issue if it forms a part of the treatment plan.
An individual’s mental health depends on factors that are both personal as well as because of interactions with the family, society, and community. Mental well-being is made of many facets such as healthy self-esteem, development of resilience, and good communication skills.
A range of treatments is recommended by the psychiatrist in order to ensure that the patient can best manage the symptoms along with minimal disruptions to their daily life. Psychiatric treatment also involves behavioural therapy, medication, counselling and any other intervention deemed fit by the consulting psychiatrist.
Should I reach out to a psychiatrist?
Mental health problems should not be taken lightly and thought of as something that a person can overcome on their own. They can be highly problematic and the conditions are so disabling that they considerably affect the quality of daily life of the person.
Mental health issues if present have to be addressed appropriately and treatment sought with psychiatrists before they severely disrupt the personal, family and community life of those affected. Counselling with a psychiatrist helps to treat the symptoms as well as the root cause of the ailments.
It is very difficult to deal with mental health issues and can also be daunting to seek professional help. If you have recognised that you need help and have got in touch with us at Softmind, we can help.
Psychiatric issues for which help can be sought
Psychiatry refers to the treatment of a range of treatments for different mental health conditions such as the following:
• Bipolar Disorder
• Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD/ ADD)
• Symptoms of ADHD in adults
• Eating disorders - anorexia and bulimia
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
• Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
• Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
• Insomnia and sleep problems
• Stress and anger issues
• Memory loss
Are you suffering from symptoms of any of the conditions mentioned above or any other mental health issue? Don’t hesitate to get in touch today — our specialist psychiatrists can help improve your quality of life by banishing challenging and distressing psychological disturbances.
Key Benefits of Psychiatric Counselling
• Gain deeper insights and understanding into what barriers you face psychologically.
• Effective and personalized treatment plans.
• Receive medication that is most suitable for your diagnosis.
• Get emotional support through your psychiatry sessions, during and after.
• Better management of your personal, family, and social life.
• Be able to identify and become aware of your progress.
Psychiatry at Softmind
At Softmind, our approach is one where we place the utmost importance on your mental well-being and adopt a client-focused approach. We provide you with personalized care and our counsellors devote all the attention that you may need.
Our first step is to perform a comprehensive assessment of the psychiatric needs of our client. Based on the unique requirements of our patients we design a personalized treatment plan to help to manage our client’s conditions effectively.
Our expert multidisciplinary team for depression treatments in Cochin can handle the widest array of treatment options for our clients. Each of our professional team members demonstrates excellence in their field combined with a strong track record of success with their clients.
Each of our client's mental health issues is unique and, therefore, after the psychiatric assessment and diagnosis, the treatment is highly personalised to the individual’s circumstances and needs. In short, no two cases are the same.
We are supported by able psychiatrists who make effective treatment methods and interventions available for children and their immediate families and social circle.
It is the job of our psychiatrists to understand the unique condition of our clients and understand completely how it can impact and disrupt their daily life. Though your treatment plan is likely to completely unique, it will include talk therapy, narrative therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), medication, or a combination of all the three.
Why Choose Us at Softmind
• Our result-oriented therapy services are backed by scientifically-backed research, and we hold all the details about you with utmost confidentiality before, during, and after your sessions.
• Our trained therapists constantly learn, grow, and set new benchmarks on the basis of the latest scientific g research and adopt strategies for the most effective treatments.
• We offer both in-person and online therapy sessions for the convenience of patients who live near our facility and for others who stay far away.
• Our services are available 24/7 for anxiety disorder treatment in Trivandrum, as well as all other major cities, for those who need them. You can call us at any time that you need help and we will be there for you.