The disturbance is not better explained by the symptoms of another mental disorder, including fear, anxiety and “avoidance of situations associated with panic like symptoms or other incapacitating symptoms( as in agoraphobia);objects or situations related to obsessions (as in obsessive compulsive disorder); reminders of traumatic events (as in post-traumatic stress disorder) separation from home or attachment figures (as in separation anxiety disorder )or social situations(as in social anxiety disorder)
- Marked fear or anxiety about specific object or situation (e.g flying, heights, animals, receiving an injection, seeing blood)
- The phobic object or situation almost always provokes immediate fear or anxiety.
- The phobic object or situation is actively avoided or endured with intense fear or anxiety.
- The Phobic object or situation is actively avoided or endured with intense fear or anxiety.
- The fear or anxiety is out of proportion to the actual danger posed by the specific object or situation and to the socio cultural context.
- The fear ,anxiety, or avoidance is persistent ,typically lasting for 6 months or more
- The fear, anxiety, or avoidance causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational or other important areas of functioning
HOW EFFECTIVE IS TREATMENT WITH US?
We are psychotherapy specialists equipped to help people overcome difficulties they face by using highly effective types of therapies such as cognitive behaviour therapy, hypnotherapy, solution-focused brief therapy and experiential therapy.
Medication is not usually recommended in the treatment of mild to moderate psychological problems. However, in some cases, it may be helpful to consider a combined approach and our psychiatrists would be able to advise you further on this.
Our psychotherapists are highly trained and qualified mental health professionals with competence as either Cognitive Behaviour Therapists, Clinical Hypnotherapists or Clinical and Counselling Psychologists. Our mental health professionals have the necessary skills, competence and experience to help you overcome the negative thoughts and regain the zest for life.