Children and adolescents with this disorder have great difficulty following rules, respecting the rights of others, showing empathy and behaving in a socially acceptable way.
Therefore, conduct disorder refers to a group of repetitive and persistent behavioural and emotional problems in youngsters.
- Often bullies, threatens or intimidates others
- Often initiates physical fights
- Has used a weapon that can cause serious physical harm to others (a bat, brick, broken bottle, knife, gun)
- Has been physically cruel to people
- Has been physically cruel to animals
- Has indulged in mugging, purse snatching, extortion, armed robbery
- Has forced someone into sexual activity
CAN TREATMENT HELP?
The effectiveness of psychotherapies on reducing anxiety, stress and phobia and bringing down depression are well established. Cognitive behaviour therapy and clinical hypnotherapy have been found to be particularly effective. Psychologists will help you understand your thought process and the reasons for it. Mere understanding can bring down anxiety levels and guilt.
The treatment will depend upon several factors including the level of depression you are experiencing. For moderate depression and more severe depression it may be recommended that you need cognitive behaviour therapy and medication is associated with good treatment outcomes and crucially a reduction in the chances of experiencing further episodes of depression in the future.
HOW EFFECTIVE ARE OUR TREATMENTS FOR YOUR ISSUE?
Our team of psychotherapists are highly trained and qualified mental health professionals with competence as either cognitive behaviour therapists, clinical hypnotherapists, clinical and counselling psychologists. Our mental health professionals have the necessary skills, competence and experience to help you.