Sanghamitra (Mitra) Banerjee
Consultant Psychologist & Psychotherapist
Sanghamitra (Mitra) Banerjee is an Indian-born Australian with more than 20 years of experience in the field of management, teaching, and consulting. Mitra has lived in various countries including UK, Bahrain, and Australia, and has spent a significant amount of her life in Australia. Her eclectic cultural exposure has morphed her into a more culturally empathic and adaptable human being. Mitra’s inclination for serving the community has emerged from her travel and interacting with various cultures. She has worked both nationally and internationally and has a passion for embedding human factors in all the assignments she was involved in.
She has worked in PwC India, The British Council and ARAMCO (Bahrain), BAE systems Australia and other government departments in Australia where Mitra prepared training courses and embedded change management in all the projects she managed.
Mitra has informally undertaken extensive community work in Australia and Bahrain, having certification in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), she taught in The British Council in Bahrain and also helped the multicultural communities in Australia to teach English. Mitra also informally counselled migrant students and the community in Australia in times of their grief and stress with acculturation challenges, missing family, career counseling and student stresses.
- Psychological Counsellor – APH (accredited to The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India)
- Masters in Project Management – The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Australia
- Masters in Education Management (specialization in HRMS) The Flinders University of South Australia, Australia
- Masters in English (University of Calcutta)
- Expertise in change management and continuous improvement using Lean tools and methodologies.
- PRINCE2 certified
- A member of Association of Professional Psychologists (APA)