Mr. Kevin Peter
Consultant Psychologist & Psychotherapist
- He has extensive training in mental health and wellness, with specialties in depression and anxiety-related disorders, relationship issues, trauma, exploration of identity, and life transitions.
- He focuses on the mind-body connection, managing chronic medical/health conditions, and the bidirectional relationship between physical and mental health.
- He has extensive training in evidence-based practices, including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
- Kevin also has experience and training in Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), and Psychodynamic and Existential psychotherapies. He uses an integrated approach, pulling from these various modalities in a way that is tailored to the needs of each unique client.
- In the couple’s work, Kevin Peter is passionate about helping couples rediscover emotional intimacy, rebuild trust, and reconnect.
- A member of Association of Professional Psychologists (APA)
More About Kevin Peter
- Psychotherapy Practitioner Diploma from Association of Psychotherapists & Hypnotherapists (India)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapist Diploma from the Association of Psychotherapists & Hypnotherapists (India)
- Master of Science (Applied Psychology) from Bharathiar University
Prior to pursuing his career in Psychology, Kevin J Peter has spent an extensive amount of time in the area of Social Work, which has helped him understand how various systems combine to impact each individual. His time in the social work field provided training in social justice, advocacy, and multiculturalism. His experiences help him connect with the multifaceted elements of navigating life’s challenges and understand the complexities of being alive in the modern world. Kevin uses the breadth of his social work and psychology training and experiences to help clients live with more confidence, ease, insight, and self-compassion. Kevin Peter is also part of the faculty member of Softmind’s teaching hospital at Aroor, Kochi.